September 3, 2012

Product Review: Curls - Curl Soufflè


Name: Curls - Curl Soufflè
What is it? Curl Cream
How much? $22 (CAD)
Size? 8oz
Where to Buy?
Product Highlights:
No Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens, Mineral or Petrolatum Oils
 
Key Ingredients Include:
As per the Curls website:

Ingredients: purified water, certified organic sunflower oil, octyl palmitate, certified organic aloe vera leaf juice, glyercin, glyceryl stearate, potassium stearate, panthenol, stearic acid, sodium carbomer, allantoin, cetearyl alcohol, certified organic sweet almond oil, shea butter, certified organic jojoba oil, soy tocopherols, phenoxyethanol, fragrance

Key Ingredients Breakdown
Octyl Palmitate - emollient derived from palm oil.
Organic Sunflower Oil - a light oil which is high in linoleic acid, Vitamins A, B complex, D, and E, as well as calcium, zinc, potassium, iron, and phosphorus.
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice - Vitamin rich moisturizer (B1, B2, B6, C)
Panthenol - Vitamin B complex that adds strength and body to hair by filling in cracks on the hair shaft.
Shea Butter - Ultra rich emollient that provide intense conditioning from cortex to cuticle.

How I Used It
I use this product mostly on my twist outs.

Wet Hair
My hair has low porosity, so applying any product to drenched hair doesn't produce the best results for me.The product just sits on my hair.

Damp Hair
I find this product works the best for me on damp hair. I'll use it after I apply my leave-in conditioner (Kinky Curly Knot Today) and oil (normally coconut or Castor). I apply to each section as I twist it, using my fingers to really work the product into my strands. It provides great slip for detangling. I find I don't need to use a lot to get good results.


Dry Hair
I don't get the best results on dry hair (normally second day twists outs) but I don't mind it. When I apply it to dry hair, it still leaves my hair feeling soft, but I have to be careful to not over apply as it can leave my hair feeling slightly oily. It's not too thick, therefore, it doesn't weigh down my hair (on dry application). Sometimes I'll spritz my edges and use it to smooth down my hair if I wear it in a bun.  


My Opinion:
I've been using this cream in my product rotation for the last 2 months and I really really like it! I prefer to use it on damp hair to define my twist outs. It smells lovely, it doesn't weigh down my hair and it leaves it feeling super soft. It's great for defining the ends of my hair and keeping in the moisture. I definitely recommend!





xx
J
Pin It!

3 comments: