October 26, 2012

Omega 3-6-9...damnnn your hair fine!





What is Omega 3?

- Omega 3 (and 6 and 9) are the good types of fat!
- The 3 essential fatty acids in Omega 3 are: alpha linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)


A Life WITHOUT Omega 3 fatty acids can...

- in extreme cases cause hair loss and less growth
- promote dry scalp
- result in dull hair (lacking shine and luster)
- promote dry brittle hair


A life WITH Omega 3 fatty acids can...

- help relieve scalp issues (i.e., eczema, dry/flaky scalp and dandruff)
- aid in stronger healthier hair
- promote hair growth 
- help hair loss
- result in shinier hair


It's not just about the hair....

- can help relieve dry skin symptoms
- helps reduce the risk of heart disease
- helps lower cholesterol levels
- can help inflammatory conditions (i.e., arthritis)
- helps with skin care (i.e., acne)
- good for the brain, eyes, and joints


Sources of Omega 3 fatty acids...

- Fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel
- Flax seed
- Cod Liver Oil
- Hazelnut, walnuts, avocado,
- Omega 3-6-9 supplement
- Soy beans
- Eggs


My mom use to spoon feed me cod liver oil growing up and I hated it! From the taste to the after breath. So I prefer to take the supplements! 2 tablets, quick and easy with my meal. I have been taking supplements for a year now and I have definitely noticed a difference in my hair and skin. I also incorporate foods into my diet such as fish and and I always add flax seeds to my oatmeal in the morning. It's not hard and it's worth it!

So go on and start taking your Omegas!
Btw, YES,  the title of this post was inspired by that Lil Jon song :P


xx

J
Peace. Love. More Love. & Healthy Hair.



Pin It!

2 comments: