November 4, 2012

Check Out Dem Curls: Sydney!


"You have all the weapons you need. Now fight."
What’s your name? Sydney
How old are you? 16 going on 17!
What do you do? I'm a saxophone playing high school student by day and an Olive Garden hostess by night.
Where are you? Winston-Salem, NC
How did we met? Instagram! ^_^
Describe your style. My "style".....is really hard to describe. I wear whatever I think is cute and comfortable. I guess I'm a weird mix of artsy, classy, and simple. I don't even wear jewlery! Maybe a watch or a bracelet once in a while, but I just can't keep up with it, lmbo.
Now Playing: Currently, my favorite song is "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran
Quote you live by: "You have all the weapons you need. Now fight." - Sucker Punch
Describe your hair type? Curly, kinky, and thick!
Tell us a little about your hair history and what made you decide to go natural?
I started my natural journey in 8th grade. I was tired of getting burned by relaxers, sitting under the dryer for hours, and seeing how flat my hair was against my head. My Mom and many of my other family members were also natural, so I wondered if I could do the same thing. When I told my Mom what I wanted to do, she had mixed feelings. Would I stick with my natural hair or would I just beg her for a relaxers 2 weeks later? Well, 3 years later, I am glad to say that I stuck with it, and am very proud of my kinky, thick hair!
Describe your hair regime.
Every night before I put my silk scarf on, I spray oil sheen on my hair, and when I wake up in the morning, I spray it again. I also make sure to grease my scalp at least 2-3 times a week. I also use sweet almond oil and a little honey once in a while.
Before shampooing, I try to detangle my hair with my fingers as much as I can. This makes it easier for me to comb through it when I'm done. 
I always wash my hair by sections. Other than that, pretty normal.
Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner has worked wonders for me!
I try to detangle as much as I can with my fingers before I put on my scarf.
How do you normally style your hair?
On special occasions, I'll get blowouts, or I'll wear my hair in very little twists, to give it a less wild look.
I prefer the get-up-and-go style, mostly because I just don't have time to mess with my hair every morning! Most of the time, it will be in a big (or little depending on humidity) afro with a band (or not) around it.
I always need it up and out of the way! My conditioning milk helps me to do this very much. :)
Who is your hair icon? I've always admired Chaka Khan's big hair!
What was your Momma’s best kept hair secret? I don't think she has one....I actually have all the secrets!
The one hair product you couldn’t live without. CONDITIONER!!
Mistakes that you’ve learned from? Over twisting! It's not necessary! It's good once in a while, but certainly not every day. I had to learn the hard way after realizing that my hair was breaking off more than it should.
What’s the best thing about being curly? People looking in awe and admiration. ;)
Any advice for ‘dem curls out there? Do not, I repeat do NOT get your hair trimmed if you don't need it! Also, don't over twist or get your hair soaking wet every day.
Social Media
You can find me on Twitter, Face Book, and Instagram!
Twitter & Instagram : @_Akemi_95
Face Book : Sydney E. Lark

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Cantu in India has started to attract more customers as they are imported by iBhejo and sold online for Indian customers.

    ReplyDelete